88 Films presents The Green Inferno: Cannibal Holocaust 2 and Cannibal Terror on Blu-ray 11 March
News and social media mentions appreciated#GreenInferno #CannibalTerror @88_Films
Please get in touch to request Blu-ray review copies of The Green Inferno: Cannibal Holocaust 2and Cannibal Terror
THE GREEN INFERNO: CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST 2(1988)
For years fans waited for the release of a sequel to Ruggero Deodato’s trendsetting Cannibal Holocaust, yet it would take almost a decade for The Green Inferno, also known as Cannibal Holocaust 2, to arrive… and it wasn’t what followers of the Italian cannibal cycle were expecting.
A group of enterprising adventurers venture into the Amazon jungle in search of a missing professor but soon the youngsters encounter more than they bargained for – European colonialism is exploiting the rainforest and the natives are fighting back! While Deodato’s original critiqued the mondo pseudo-documentary phenomenon, here director Antonio Climati (Mondo Cane, Savage Man, Savage Beast) turns the focus to satirising the hypocrisy and complexity of Cannibal Holocaust itself. A potent mix of macabre imagery, scenic locations, extreme gore and sly in-jokes, The Green Inferno is the gut-munching sequel you always knew you wanted but were too afraid to ask for!
- Brand new 2K remaster from the original camera negative in 1.66:1 OAR
- Extensive clean-up and colour correction carried out in the UK
- Remastered uncompressed English audio
- Remastered uncompressed Italian audio with newly translated subtitles
- ‘Scenes From Banned Alive: The Rise and Fall of Italian Cannibal Movies’. Ruggero Deodato, Umberto Lenzi and Sergio Martino discuss their notorious cannibal films, including The Man From Deep River, CannibalFerox, Cannibal Holocaust and The Mountain of the Cannibal God
- Italian opening and closing credits
- Remastered trailer
CANNIBAL TERROR (1981)
First there was Cannibal Holocaust… Then came Cannibal Ferox … But somewhere in France, someone was already hatching a plot to cash-in on the Italian intestinal classics with Cannibal Terror. With no budget, no professional actors and no flights to Amazonia, Cannibal Terror instead gives us Deodato and Lenzi on a cash-strapped level and the end result is The Room of cannibal movies! Brilliant and blood-soaked late night entertainment,Cannibal Terror was one of the UK’s infamous ‘video nasties’ – showing that our beloved censors have little in the way of a sense of humour! However, this torrid tale of stranded tourists being hunted by hungry natives is a work of demented genius from director Alain Deruelle that words can barely do service to. Prepare to feast your eyes on Cannibal Terror!
- Limited edition o-card slipcase [first print run only]
- Limited edition collectors’ booklet by Calum Waddell [first print run only]
- High definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Uncompressed English audio
- Optional English subtitles
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
- ‘That’s Not The Amazon! – The Strange Story of the Eurocine Cannibal Film Cycle’
- Deleted scene
- Theatrical trailer
Buy The Green Inferno: http://bit.ly/GreenInferno88
Buy Cannibal Terror: http://bit.ly/CannibalTerror88
88 Films presents The Green Inferno: Cannibal Holocaust 2 and Cannibal Terror on Blu-ray 11 March 2019
ABOUT 88 FILMS
88 Films has long become the favoured British distributor for those who like unpretentious and unapologetically outrageous entertainment. From remastering a number of forgotten frighteners in crisp HD for the 88 ‘Slasher Classics’ range to bringing the best of Italian horror back to the mainstream, and even re-introducing Hong Kong genre mania back to the country’s shelves, our ambition is to continue to create a world of high quality shock and awe for cult film-addicts across the world to collect and cherish!